Continue with an open mind . . .

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Truths . . .

People think that you know who your true friends and family are when you're down and out; I don't believe this is necessarily the case. I believe that your friends and family should love you regardless of what state your life is in. They should be the ones who you call or they call to just talk, catch up or grab a bite to eat with. You should be able to sit in a room and not feel awkward silences. You should be able to go without talking for a period of time, yet know that they're a moment away at all times, ready to pick up where you left off at any time. You support each other in the ups, downs and everything in between. They should be people who you don't need to have secrets from because no matter what you tell them, they're ok with it. They support you and you them with no boundaries, no limits and no rules.
This is what I consider true friends. If you think about those people around you, how many are there with you, always and unconditionally? I can only think of a few yet I feel like the luckiest woman alive for having as many as I do.
To those people; thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment