Continue with an open mind . . .

Friday, March 23, 2012

Perseverance . . .

I have two P's in my life; Passion and Perseverance.
I believe with these two attributes I can accomplish anything.
I want to be a photographer. More then anything else, I want that.
I admit I'm a little intimidated by all of the successful photographers out there, but I've let other things deter me as well. No more. I had my epiphany a few days ago. Standing at work before the store opened, I simply looked around and said aloud; "What in the world am I doing?". This is not what I wanted for myself. It's at the completely other end of the spectrum from what I wanted for myself to be honest.
Then I came home and read over my posts here. That day was exactly the kick I needed. I went and registered for a six week photography workshop. Included is about 80% of what I need to know to get started. Granted, photographers, like any other profession will be constantly learning, I simply mean the skills I need to get myself going. I absorb every bit of knowledge I can find already, on my own. I just love learning from those in the field. There is no better knowledge then from those with experience.
To say I'm excited for the start date is an understatement. I feel like the old cliche was right; Here's to the first day of the rest of my life.
I will have what I want. No matter what obstacles present themselves to me I now have the confidence in myself, the perseverance to know I will succeed. I will be a photographer. I not only have confidence in myself, but my talent. I just need the knowledge I currently don't possess in order to refine my skills.
'Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.' - Marie Curie
-T-

No comments:

Post a Comment