Continue with an open mind . . .

Sunday, March 17, 2013

2012 . . . . 2013 . . .

Originally composed in early December 2012, but never got posted.


Well here it is; the end of yet another year; it was a good one, it was a bad one and sometimes it did indeed get ugly.  I wouldn't have traded anything.  I have grown as a person, learned enormous amounts about not only myself, but those who are or I thought were close friends and family.  When I think back to this time last year or even a little later, I'm in awe of how much my life is different now.
 
It required bold, sometimes what others thought idiotic, moves to get me here, but I'm here.  I kept my eye on my goals and kept steady.  One day at a time.  Sometimes those days seemed like weeks and I cried myself to sleep on multiple occasions because truthfully, for the first time in my life, I doubted my instincts.  I had moments that I thought I was bat shit crazy for doing what I was doing and moments where I was absolutely terrified I had made a huge mistake.  What kept me going? 
 
5 little, but quite powerful words for me - - - Failure is never an option.
 
 
And it wasn't.  I was determined to never let myself fail.  To keep pushing, keep fighting and make sure I keep landing on my feet as I check off the goals of 2012.
 
 
T doesn't fail. 
 
 
As they always ask at work; what is my biggest take-a-way from this past year?  That is it.  I don't fail because I refuse to let myself fail.  When I want something, I do whatever necessary to make it happen.  I don't make or accept excuses.  I still have a few weeks to ago to complete 2012's goal list and can proudly say I will have completed all but one of them and many others as well.
 
 I'm ok with not having the one item not finished as I'm not perfect and I am quite proud of the things I did indeed complete this year. 
 
2012 was a huge year, but 2013 is going to rock! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment