Continue with an open mind . . .

Monday, September 9, 2013

Home . . . {1/365}

Home.
 
One word that means so many different things.
To some it may mean the house in which you grew up in.
To others it may mean the house in which you're raising your family.
 
To me it means the place in which I feel the happiest.
The place in which I go to retreat from the stress of the day; the shit life tends to throw my way.
To me this is not my parents house nor the fantastic little apartment we have been doing up
- it is in his arms.
 
Cliché right?
I always thought so.
But then life threw one damn curve ball after the other.
I could no longer escape to my parents house and simply being home in our little bubble just didn't cut it either.
But his arms.  Now they did it every time.
One look into those eyes; one hug from those arms and the world wasn't such a hellish place to live.
 
When the rest of world wore me down; kicked me when I fell - he was always what I reached for.
He is home.
 
When I watched my mom battle cancer for the second time; when mere days later my dad collapsed, and I had to pick up and go to classes . .
. . he was home.
 
When they found a lump in my throat and I relived each battle with Cancer my mom and her sisters fought . .
. . he was home.
 
When I gave everything to a job that gave nothing back, while my family all considered me there go to girl and I used to vomit from the stress of it all . .
. . he was home.
 
I would simply crawl on his lap, he would close those arms and everything else would disappear; if only for a few moments - I was home.
 
From a favorite song of mine; 'Feels Like Home':
 
"Somethin' in your eyes, makes me wanna lose myself
Makes me wanna lose myself, in your arms
There's somethin' in your voice, makes my heart beat fast
Hope this feeling lasts, the rest of my life . . . "
 
-T-

No comments:

Post a Comment