Continue with an open mind . . .

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013 . . . . {11/365}

Goodbye 2013.

A year filled with changes.
Some good; some bad.
All important.

January seen me changing career paths.
A contract pulled early.
The beginning of something big - I had yet to realize.

February seen me taking a step back - literally.
Back to an old job; slightly old habits.
A realization that I had made the right decision.

March.
March allowed us a break.
To allow the wheels begin their motion.

April.
Oh April.
It brought a wedding; for two people we've all been waiting to finally tie the knot!
It also brought the start of a very quick, terminal illness to my extended family.

May.
May brought the end.
The end of a life stolen way too soon.
It was hell; a pure living hell - watching a man disappear in front of your very eyes.
It also brought with it a clearer vision of what I wanted or rather didn't want for my life.

June.
Brought with it another career change.
I ended my time with a company I had once enjoyed.
To instead pursue a dream.
A dream of taking photographs.
Of preserving the moments in life that can be so easily forgotten.
A dream of working for myself.

It closed out with me receiving news of another kind - the lump in my neck had grown and was now joined by two small spots.
Surgery was now a reality; no longer just a possibility.

July.
The middle of a Summer I decided to spend with the man of my dreams.
To dedicate simply to us.
To do nothing, but awake each morning and spend the day together.
Doing everything or nothing.
Didn't matter.
We were together.
We weren't living for the almighty dollar; we were enjoying each other and learning what truly mattered in life.
Each other.

August.
The summer of us continues.
 Surgery to be booked.

September.
Surgery #1.
Tests, doctors appointments and checkups start to fill my days.
I go under the knife - all is well.
I come home and start to put things behind me.

October.
Some karmic god had other plans.
News of the Cancer comes.
I start to question most things in my life.
Most things; not him.
No.
He is my rock.
My anchor.

November.
November brings with it more appointments.
More tests.
A date for surgery #2.
Then a delay - a nasty chest infection.

December.
December brought surgery #2.


No comments:

Post a Comment